Force Measuring Technology with Affixed Strain Gauges
Precise, well-tried and reliable
At tecsis you will find a wide range of force transducers with affixed strain gauges. These include compression force transducers and tension/compression force transducers, shear rods, single-point load cells and ring force transducers. The full scale of available standard measuring ranges with strain gauges extends from 0.5 N to 10000 kN.
Advantages of force transducers with strain gauges
- Can be used almost universally.
- Extensive geometric variability.
- Accurate force measurement, even when recording extremely small amounts of force.
tecsis force transducers with affixed strain gauges use the principle of the piezoresistive resistance effect: A meander-shaped resistance wire (mostly consist of constantan) is welded to a strip of film. This is glued stuck onto a deformation element. By the deformation of the strain gauge, the electrical resistance changes. The precision and the signal output are optimised by means of a DMS cross-circuit (Wheatstone bridge).
Comprehensive range of products
At tecsis you will find a full range of reliable force transducers with strain gauges.
- Compression force transducers: These also include miniature transducers with convex force introduction at both sides and high precision.
- Tension/compression force transducers: for example, for material testing, low tension force or in extremely robust versions.
- Ring force transducers: These are used to measure axial force on shafts and spindles, to which normal force transducers cannot be attached.Also available with a large inner diameter or for recording bolting force.
Shear beams and single point load cells are also available with this technology.